Why hello there! It’s been a while!…
Apologies I’ve been a little AWOL recently! I have been working hard at creating some balance in my life with work, studying, house renovations, home life and now WEDDING PLANNING!!
Lots has happened since I last checked in here!
BUT I suddenly felt like I had loads I wanted to write about and so have hopped back onto the computer to share it with you guys!
I had an amazing day on Sunday! I now take EVERY Sunday off and it has been the best thing I could have done! It’s my day off from work, and is the one day I really get to spend with my fiancée! And…. On top of that, it’s often a productive day!
This weekend we managed to get on top of some of the housework (I know, hanging of the edge of my seat for more….), we did some more to the house, did LOTS of cooking AND went for a lovely walk, missing the rain by a margin.
So, on to the first little bit of cooking we did..
A DELICIOUSLY SCRUMPTIOUS & HEALTHY MINCED BEEF MIX
I served it with brown rice. It made dinner for the two of us AND 2 lunches!
10% fat minced beef
1 x red onion, chopped
2 x peppers (any colour, any variety), chopped
Handful of mushrooms, chopped
Fresh cherry tomatoes
1 x carrot, grated
1 x carton chopped tomatoes
2 tsp low salt / sodium beef stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Place the minced beef in a heavy set frying pan and brown it off. Add the onions and brown them off.
2. Add spices (cumin, chilli powder, paprika and cinnamon) and coat the beef and onions in it. Add the stock and coat the beef and onions in it.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. Cover and let simmer (for a minimum of 30 minutes and a max of 2 hours to allow the flavours mingle, stirring occasionally, adding a little water if necessary).
4. Add the sweetcorn and cherry tomatoes, allow to cook for 5 minutes and then add the carrot.
5. Serve with whatever you fancy, brown rice, sweet potato or courgette.
I was also experimenting with a number of other veggie recipes, which need a small amount of tweaking…. But will follow shortly! Keep your eyes peeled! 😀
Please also let me know if there is anything you’d like to see more of?